Reply to topic

SnoKing members got the goods!

4 post(s), 3 voice(s)
Hunter Dan
Small
Post(s):2,299

I get a ton of support from the club up at Ed’s and want to make sure what comes around goes around. Got to give a shout out to the Yakima Fruit Market near my house, where there is an occasional McKenzie sighting!! the LOCAL strawberries are in! Real strawberries that are RED on the inside and have actual FLAVOR to them? Better get some. Ran into Don Wardlow at Thursdays meeting…..did you know that Don and his wife Carol are beekeepers? Don had honey in the trunk that night! I got a jar of fire weed/knot weed blend, and a jar of blackberry and a jar of blueberry. Raw local honey helps my allergies.
This morning for breakfast I sliced a banana, some strawberries into a bowl, crumbled a buttermilk biscuit from last nights dinner on top of it and drizzled it with blueberry honey. Mmmmmmmm. Man oh man is this a good time of year…..cherries are due, then local corn…….chime up everyone, who has GOT the goods?

Fishnut
Small
Post(s):7,186

I talked to Don at length. Did not know he had honey with him especially blueberry-flavored. Now I’m going to have to run him down to get some

Truant
Small
Post(s):601

It was still in there from the farmer’s market we went to the night before. I forget about it sometimes as I’m not in the sales portion of the beekeeping operation, that’s a different department. Lol

Hunter Dan
Small
Post(s):2,299

I whisked some of the knot/fire weed honey into some half & half last night. Mostly for the wet dip for my breaded chicken, but I reserved some to finish the rhubarb wine butter sauce for the tortellini. The mixture was better than the buttermilk I sometimes use. The honey balanced the spices and salt in my dredge well. Once the chicken breasts had been pan fried I topped them with the last of my frozen crab and a bit of cheddar and put them under the broiler a bit. It was good.
Tonite I think I am going to make a dressing or a drizzle for a fresh fruit and melon salad with some of the blueberry honey and some balsamic vinegar.