Reply to topic

Blake Bortles is no longer Jacksonville’s starting quarterback.

1 post(s), 1 voice(s)
zhangzk
Anon128
Post(s):92

JACKSONVILLE Dwayne Haskins Jersey , Fla. (AP) — Whether he regains the job in the next week is anybody’s guess.Bortles fumbled on the team’s third play of each half, leading to 10 points and his benching in a 20-7 loss to AFC South rival Houston on Sunday.Coach Doug Marrone yanked Bortles after the second turnover — his eighth in three games — and gave former Cleveland starter Cody Kessler a shot.Marrone gave no indication afterward if Bortles or Kessler would be under center when the reeling Jaguars (3-4) play a “home game” against Philadelphia (3-4) in London next week.“It’s open,” Marrone said. “Who’s the starter at right tackle? Who’s the starter at center? Who’s the starter at receiver? Who’s the starter? Everything is open. We’ve lost three straight games and we can’t stop shooting ourselves in the foot for lack of a better expression. … We’ve got to do something, but the first thing we’ve got to do is stop turning the damn ball over. Period. That would be the positive of how we can build.”Jacksonville’s third consecutive lopsided loss triggered quarterback indecision and heated commotion .When the locker room doors opened for media members, Calais Campbell could be seen holding back fellow defensive end Yannick Ngakoue. It was carry-over from an emotional postgame that included screaming, shouting and finger pointing.“You all walk in here, you all see how it is in here, you all see how we vibe with each other, you all see how we vibe toward the coaches, you all see how it is,” cornerback Jalen Ramsey said. “It is no secret what’s going on here right now. Ain’t nobody going to say it because we can’t. But it ain’t no secret what’s going on and it ain’t right right now.”Ngakoue declined comment, as did safety Tashaun Gipson and cornerback A.J. Bouye.Their silence spoke volumes for a team that appears to be in upheaval — a huge fall after starting the season with Super Bowl expectations.“I don’t speak on locker room business,” linebacker Telvin Smith said. “Don’t ask me locker room questions.”Not everyone ducked the obvious.“Be frustrated. Be frustrated all week. Change something http://www.ravenscheapstores.com/marquise-brown-jersey-cheap ,” defensive tackle Malik Jackson said. “Change something you need to do. We need to look ourselves in the mirror and just fix it. I can’t sit here and tell you what we need to fix, what we need to do, what needs to be done. I don’t know. I just know that we need to be where we’re supposed to be and just . something needs to change.”The Texans (4-3) don’t need to change anything after a fourth consecutive victory gave them a one-game lead in the division.Deshaun Watson threw for a touchdown after making the 800-mile trip to Jacksonville on a private bus to avoid potential problems that flying and cabin pressure might pose to his bruised lung and injured ribs. Lamar Miller ran for 100 yards and a score . And the defense did the rest, forcing three turnovers and sacking Kessler four times.Houston hosts Miami (4-3) on Thursday night.“We were down and out and everybody was counting us out,” Texans linebacker Whitney Mercilus said. “The thing is, we have guys on this team who understand that early on it doesn’t matter. We just put our heads down and kept working and now we have to continue to do the same thing.”Here are some other things we learned about the Texans and Jaguars:HAL STARTSTexans safety Andre Hal, who returned to practice this week following treatment for Hodgkin’s lymphoma, was in the starting lineup. Hal was diagnosed with the disease in May and immediately began treatment. He received the news of his remission last month. The game was emotional because his father, Andre Hal Sr., died Tuesday, a few days suffering a heart attack.“This was good for my dad,” Hal said. “He wanted me back on the field and I know he was watching me there today. … People didn’t really think I’d come back, but I knew I would come back. It was cool seeing everyone kind of show some love to me.”ONE-HANDED CATCHDeAndre Hopkins won several one-on-one matchups against Ramsey. His best was a one-handed catch for 31 yards along the sideline in the first quarter.“That catch at the beginning of the game really got us going Jaylon Ferguson Jersey ,” Texans coach Bill O’Brien said. “He made some big plays for us. That’s Hop.”ANOTHER SHUTOUTThe Jaguars failed to score in the first half for the third straight week, the first time they’ve done that in franchise history. They have been outscored 57-0 in the opening two quarters in losses to Kansas City, Dallas and Houston. GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Aaron Rodgers channeled a fictional prize fighter to describe how he felt after playing the Minnesota Vikings.“If you’ve seen (the movie) ‘Rocky III,’ you know Clubber Lang has a prediction before the fight: ‘Pain,’” Rodgers said with a smile on Wednesday. “That’s kind of what it felt like.”Rodgers said that he remained a “little sore” following the 29-29 tie against Minnesota last week when he played with a brace to protect his injured left knee.It’s not the only pain that he felt.With limited mobility, Rodgers was knocked around by the Vikings’ top defense for four sacks and nine quarterback hits.Rodgers played well, though, and completed 30 of 42 passes for 281 yards and one touchdown. He even rushed three times for 8 yards, including a 7-yard scramble to convert a third-and-7 on the Packers’ first touchdown drive.“The heat and the adrenaline definitely helped, but it’s just going to be something you’ve got to deal with for a while,” Rodgers said. “Take it week by week. It doesn’t seem like there’s a major setback at this point, so just being smart about it and trying to get ready to play Sunday.”Rodgers didn’t practice on Wednesday.Coming off a Sunday night victory over Chicago in Week 1 and playing 10 additional minutes against Minnesota in Week 2 Quinnen Williams Jersey , coach Mike McCarthy scrapped practice in favor of a walk-through as his team began prep for the road game Sunday against the Washington Redskins.“We’re pretty beat up coming off a night and then 4 2/3 quarters on Sunday. Just trying to be smart about it,” Rodgers said.McCarthy wouldn’t commit to Rodgers practicing on Thursday, which is typically the Packers’ heaviest practice day of the week.“We’re still in a day-by-day mode,” McCarthy said.Rodgers, who acknowledged the injury could get worse before it gets better, practiced on Saturday before facing Minnesota. He would like to practice at least once this week to get ready for Washington.“I’m going to need to see certain looks in the walkthroughs to replace those reps I may or not get in practice and try and get out there at least one day this week and feel good about the stuff we have moving on into Sunday,” Rodgers said.MATTHEWS PENALTYThe NFL announced this week that it would use linebacker Clay Matthews’ roughing-the-passer penalty on Minnesota’s Kirk Cousins as part of its weekly teaching video provided to teams. A similar hit on Rodgers by Vikings linebacker Eric Kendricks would also be part of the video.The flag on Matthews overturned an interception by cornerback Jaire Alexander that could have allowed the Packers to run out the clock for a win.“We haven’t changed anything with the way we’re coaching our players,” McCarthy said.Rodgers, who suffered a broken collarbone following a hit by Minnesota’s Anthony Barr last season, said the league has gone too far in protecting quarterbacks.“I think we enjoy the protection below the knee and above the shoulders, but I don’t know many quarterbacks who want those calls,” he said. “The one on me, I don’t think that’s roughing the passer http://www.cowboyscheapauthenticstore.com/trysten-hill-jersey-cheap , either.Added Rodgers: “There’s a goal to limit these hits but they’re pretty obvious when you see them — you know, a guy picking somebody up and full weight on them. What do you say to Clay? His head is out of it. His hand is on the ground. That’s not roughing the passer. Same thing with Kendricks. What do you say to him on that?”Rodgers said he did not get up from the turf after the hit from Kendricks looking for a penalty. He called himself a traditionalist.“I’ve watched the game and loved the game for a long time, and some of the rules I think help,” Rodgers said, “but some of the rules maybe are going the wrong direction.”Notes: RB Aaron Jones is back following a two-game suspension, but his “role will be secondary” to that of Jamaal Williams and Ty Montgomery, McCarthy said. … The team released CB Deate Burton to make room on the roster to activate Jones. … McCarthy did not expect CB Kevin King (groin) to play this week, though he did not think it would be a long-term issue.