Reply to topic

Cameron Erving Jersey

1 post(s), 1 voice(s)
linchao
Small
Post(s):40

Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis says the 2018 season will be his last.

Davis confirmed his decision during an appearance on NFL Network on Friday. While the Panthers didn’t make an official announcement Cameron Erving Jersey , the team posted a picture of Davis on its Twitter page with the word ”Respect.”

Davis said he made his decision when the team signed him to a contract extension through 2018. He said he had been seeking an extension through 2019.

”For me, it was a no-brainer,” Davis said. ”Like, `This is how long they want me here for.’ This is how much time I have to dedicate to this organization to try to win a Super Bowl, and that’s my mindset.”

Davis, 34 Sam Koch Jersey , was Carolina’s first-round draft pick in 2005 and has spent his entire career with the Panthers. He’s seventh in team history with 13 career interceptions and eighth with 28 sacks.

In 2014, Davis was named the league’s Walter Payton Man of the Year. Sandwiched around that honor were All-Pro honors in 2013 and 2015. During the last six seasons, Davis has missed just three games despite the last of three ACL repairs.

After the Panthers lost to the New Orleans Saints in the playoffs last weekend, Davis said he expects to have a reduced role in 2018 as Shaq Thompson gets more time.

Davis was suspended for one game late in the season for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Green Bay Packers receiver Davante Adams.

Tre Boston is one of several free agent safeties still looking for work this offseason, although Boston did get at least one offer from a team.

Boston visited with the Colts and Cardinals this offseason, but told Sirius XM NFL Radio that his visit with the Colts didn’t include any time with General Manager Chris Ballard Richard Sherman Jersey , head coach Frank Reich or defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus. Boston said he spent two hours in the lunch room and played basketball during his visit.

Boston also visited the Cardinals, who he said “rolled out the red carpet” for him in contrast. Boston termed the offer that the Cardinals made him “very, very disrespectful,” however, and he did not sign with the team. Boston also talked about the overall state of the market for him, Kenny Vaccaro Justin Ellis Jersey , Eric Reid and other safeties.

“It’s kinda rough man, they got us where they think they want us,” Boston said. “For us, we have to communicate with each other so we don’t take this minimum wage.”

Given the experience these players have, it’s easy to understand why Boston feels that way. Given the way the market has failed to develop for these players, however Jason Verrett Jersey , they may be faced with a choice of taking minimum salaries or something close to it if they are going to play during the 2018 season.

Philadelphia Eagles Elite Jerseys