Reply to topic

Back from Kansas?

7 post(s), 4 voice(s)
bushmanj85
Small
Post(s):283

Hi Everyone,

I am excited that i was able to renew my membership with PSA! I have been stuck in Kansas for the last two years, but the goal is to move back this summer (closer towards September time frame) I cant wait to start coming to meetings again and fishing with everyone. I just bought my first boat last month and i will be towing it from Kansas to Washington at the end of this month. My work was gracious enough to let me work from Washington the entire month of May for the Halibut season, so i hope to see everyone out there! Plus i get to escape all the tornados in May. Im sick of running out to my zombie bunker of a tornado shelter almost on a daily basis when we get these storms.

Ill post a few picture of my boat here in a few minutes! i drove down to Houston 2 months ago to look at it, and i ended up purchasing the darn thing lol. its a 1998 Shamrock 220WA. I really like the fact that it has a keel and a rudder. It seems like it will be an incredibly stable ocean vessel. It does need some work with the wiring and steering linkage, but other than that, the motor fired right up and the sea trial went pretty good,.

Fish-a-Palooza
Small
Post(s):921

Nice looking boat! You got side and drop curtains?

bushmanj85
Small

> Nice looking boat! You got side and drop curtains?

yep! havent taken them out the the wrapping yet, but they look a little beat up. I may have to order a new set of curtains.

all i really have to do is re wire a few ground connections, re pack the drive shaft, and install the new rudder arm and clamp block and she should be ready for halibut

AK
Small
Post(s):316

Can’t wait for halibut!

sharphooks
Small
Post(s):443

I"ve been out on a Shamrock before. It is a stable seaworthy boat. I would say that is a nice halibut platform. Welcome back and happy halibut fishing!

bushmanj85
Small

> I"ve been out on a Shamrock before. It is a stable seaworthy boat. I would say that is a nice halibut platform. Welcome back and happy halibut fishing!

>

Thats good to hear! seems like the general consensus about these boats is that they are not the fastest, but when it comes to rough conditions, they will get you home every time.

bushmanj85
Small

> Can’t wait for halibut!

haha cant wait to fish with you andy!